Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Movie Review: Scream 4...2.5 stars

I didn't want to see this movie because I watched the first three and thought they were okay but not great.  After watching the first one, you get the story line formula.  The rest are just minor variations of the first.  My daughter told me that the fourth was worthy of my movie dollar so I went to see it.   It was not worthy.  It was the same as the first three.  With Scream (pick your number) you should be trying to figure out who the murderer is, but after thirty minutes I could care less and was just looking forward to it being over.   That's just me though.  If you liked the first three then you'll enjoy the the fourth.  Unlike other franchise movies where each rendition is not quite as good as the first, the quality for all the Scream movies has been pretty consistent.  There are "jump out of your seat" moments along with some humor.  I just don't think it's worth spending $10 on a ticket to see it.  Instead, it is well worth watching it when it comes to HBO or netflix when nothing better is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment