Thursday, April 28, 2011

Movie Review: Insidious....2.5 stars

I really wanted to see Water for Elephants and to my surprise it was sold out for the 4:30pm Saturday show.  That's crazy, that show has never been sold out, but that's what happened.  So, I decide to see Insidious instead.  Without any flesh eating zombies in it, I wasn't too optimistic that it would be scary.   Well, for the first hour it did a pretty good job of making me jump out of my seat.  Certainly much better than the very boring paranormal Activity 1 and 2.  If those movies scared you then stay away from this one.   Unfortunately, with about 45 minutes to go, it became very lame.   It was as if they fired the first writer at that point in the movie and brought in another one that didn't understand the horror genre.   It's kinda worth your movie dollar if you follow my instructions:  When Patrick Wilson gets hypnotized, get up and leave the movie.  There's nothing left to see so go ahead and sneak into Hanna or Source code...you have my permission because you didn't get your money's worth from Insidious.   It could have been great if they just kept going with their first thought. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment