Monday, January 17, 2011

My Top 10 Movies of 2010 and Golden Globe Awards 2011

I thought that the golden globe nominees were all excellent movies and stars.  The only thing I would have changed is I would have swapped out Social Network with True Grit.   I thought the latter was much better than the former and deserved to be nominated.   Natalie Portman definitely deserved her award along with Mellisa Leo and Christian Bale.  Their performances were definitely far better than the other nominees.  I think that Leo Decaprio (Inception) and Jeff Bridges (True Grit) could have easily won best actor.  In fact, I was disappointed that True Grit was not nominated in any category.   I guess the Foreign press just doesn't get American westerns.

My top 10 films of 2010 in this order:
1.  Inception.
2.  Black Swan (a very close second)
3.  The Fighter.
4.  True Grit
5.  The King's Speech.
6.  The Town (Ben Affleck
7.  Toy Story 3
8.  Get Low (Robert Duvall)
9.  The Social Network
10.  127 hours.

Social Network won the best picture prize at the Golden Globes but it didn't even make my top 5.  The horrible movie The Kids are All Right is the most over-hyped movie of the year.  I gave that 2 stars as not even being worthy to rent for a dollar.  It's the kind of story that the left wing tree huggers love though so it's bound to get an award though.

No comments:

Post a Comment